PARIS – August sales of passenger vehicles in the European Union slipped 8.9% to 8.27 million units, bringing the 2012 shortfall to 7.1% after eight months. Germany, the continent’s economic engine, saw deliveries fall 4.6% in August, trimming its market share 0.6% year-to-date. Among the major markets only U.K. sales were ahead of like-2011 after eight months. But controversy is swirling there over private registration practices that critics say are inflating the sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.