PARIS – A shocking 16.1% decline in French car sales in May disguises what probably was the first positive month this year. Customers bought 165,776 cars in May, down from 197,701 year-ago, but there were three fewer daily selling days due to holidays, resulting in only a 2.9% drop in the daily sales rate. PSA Peugeot Citroen lost market share in May as sales tumbled 28.5%. Renault gained share despite a 12.0% decline, but its Dacia entry brand turned in a plus ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.