Ford is betting tech-savvy new-car shoppers will be drawn in by the “overboost” feature in its upcoming Focus ST performance car. Overboost is designed to extend the peak torque of the Focus ST’s 2.0L direct-injected turbocharged 4-cyl. engine for 15 seconds at a time when at full throttle. Torque normally begins to dial back as the wastegate starts to bleed off boost pressure at 3,000 rpm. The overboost feature extends the peak another 1,500 rpm, squeezing nearly 10% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.