Hyundai Motor Group, Korea’s dominant auto maker, is feeling the heat from overseas. The 24 auto makers that export vehicles to Korea, which some analysts now see collectively as the country’s “sixth car company,” have grabbed slightly more than 10% of the total market. Analysts see them making further gains in 2013 as a wide range of new and more affordable foreign-made models is released. Formation of the import-fighting group by Hyundai and its Kia ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.