Light-truck sales in India made an unwelcome about-face in July, dropping 11.2% from like-2012 to 92,446 units and reducing year-to-date growth to 5.3%, according to WardsAuto data. Car deliveries dropped 7.1% to 132,533 units, but the rate of decline was only half the segment’s 14.3% slump over the year’s first seven months. Light-vehicle sales totaled 224,979 last month, down 8.8% compared with year-ago. Exports offset the market’s overall contraction somewhat. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.