New-vehicle sales got off to a slow 2014 start in Malaysia, with January deliveries falling 8.7% year-on-year to 50,273 units. The result was down 17% from December, the Malaysian Automotive Assn. says in a report quoted by the government news agency Bernama. “Heavy discounts by car companies given out in December 2013 resulted in many bookings concluded in December 2013,” the MAA says. The industry association predicts the February sales level will be on par with January, citing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.