New Zealand’s new-vehicle sales in May were the best in more than two decades as the SUV segment accounted for 30% of total deliveries. Motor Industry Assn. data shows car sales rose 6.8% to 6,347 units for the best May result since 1990. Commercial vehicles climbed 9.0% to 2,577, also the strongest May since 1990. The result left year-to-date car sales ahead 4.0% to 32,239 units and CV deliveries up a healthy 32.4% to 11,573. Toyota held firmly to its title of market leader ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.