TORONTO – Without aiming to completely replace the its discontinued Maybach line, Mercedes-Benz will market S-Class variants ranging up to about $275,000 in price and designed to compete with Rolls-Royce and Bentley models, Daimler Chairman Dieter Zetsche says. Speaking at a press launch here of the ’14 S-Class, Zetsche says premium models are still significant in the automotive market, even though much of volume growth for luxury brands is being generated by lower-priced ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.