Rating Firms Forecast Falling Car Sales, Rising Overcapacity for Europe Next Year PARIS – Europe’s car sales, down 0.9% through October, are expected to fall another 3%-5% in 2012, and emerging markets won’t grow fast enough to buffer the shock, a leading French insurance-rating company says. Overcapacity in Europe could hit 20%-25% next year, the firm Euler Hermes predicts. At that level, according to a general rule of thumb, profitability is doubtful. Since the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.