Ireland’s adoption of a split-year number-plate system pays off, with more new cars sold on July 1 than the whole of June as buyers rushed to get vehicles with the new plates. The Society of the Irish Motor Industry reports the first day of the so-called 132 registration plate saw 1,927 new cars sold, compared with 140 on July 2 last year, the first trading day of the month. The first day of the month in 2012 was a Sunday. “Car sales (on July 1) exceeded sales on the first ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.