OAK BROOK, IL – While Buick retail sales rose 1.5% in the first seven months of the year, total sales – including fleet – fell 5.3% from year ago to 104,589 units. Yet, when digesting the numbers, Brian Sweeney, vice president-sales for the General Motors brand, sees the glass as half full and filling up. Total demand slipped because low-profit fleet sales were slashed, but in doing so, moves were taken to boost profitability, he says. “We've reduced daily ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.