MADRID – Only two weeks since its launch, the Spanish government’s PIVE Plan scrappage subsidy is reviving new-car demand here to unexpected levels. Showroom traffic has increased 140% in the first two weeks of October with more than 70,000 customer visits, and data from the month’s first 10 days show orders have jumped 150% from September levels, according to GANVAM, the trade group that represents automobile dealers, repairers and traders. Traffic on automotive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.