New-vehicle sales in Thailand soared 63.9% in August to 129,509 units as customers flooded sales rooms and placed orders faster than factories could build the products. Car deliveries jumped 71.7% to 61,044 units and commercial vehicles climbed 57.4% to 68,465, including 1-ton pickups that soared 61.9% to 60,389. Toyota Thailand, which collates industry data in the Southeast Asian country, says the latest result boosted 8-month sales 48.6% to 867,703 units. Car deliveries totaled ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.