Thailand new-vehicle sales tumbled 22.6% from like-2012 to 100,289 units in August. Toyota Thailand, which collates national sales data for the industry, says commercial vehicles dropped 28.1% to 49,283 units, including the important 1-ton pickup segment, down 32.9% to 40,519. New cars tumbled 16.4% to 51,006. Toyota Thailand Senior Vice President Wutthikorn Suriyachantanano says promotional campaigns launched since the beginning of the year prevented sales from falling even farther as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.