A 17th straight monthly increase saw U.K. new-car sales jump 12.7% in July to 162,228 units and prompted the industry to raise its full-year forecast. Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders interim CEO Mike Baunton says given the evidence of consistent growth, the group has boosted its forecast for 2013 deliveries to 2.216 million units, an increase of 8.4% from last year. At the beginning of this year the SMMT had forecast a market of 2.057 million units. “Recently, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.