New-car sales in the important registration plate change month of September exceed expectations, rising 8.2% to 359,612 units. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says the result was more than 26,000 units above what it had forecast. September is the second-busiest month for car sales, averaging about 18% of the annual market, second only to March. The result took the 9-month total up 4.3% to 1,620,609 units. In a sign of the country’s current economic difficulties, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.