U.K. vehicle sales totaled 79,653 units for August 2013, up 11.6% vs. August 2012. August 2013 vehicle sales decreased 56.9% compared with July 2013 sales. August sales are typically low due to consumers waiting to purchase in September, when the new license plate cycle begins. 2013 sales through August totaled 1,585,096. This was up 9.9% over the same period in 2012. Ford was the leader in year-to-date sales with a total of 241,874, resulting in a 15.3% market share.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.