U.K. vehicle sales totaled 403,939 units for September 2012, up 7.3% vs. September 2011. September vehicle sales increased 466% vs. August 2012 sales. September sales are traditionally high because buyers wait for the new license plate cycle that begins that month. 2012 sales through September totaled 1,846,544. This was up 3.4% over the same period in 2011. Ford was the leader in year-to-date sales with a total of 276,400, resulting in a 15.0% market share.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.