VIENNA – Volkswagen plans to begin exporting the Russian-made VW Polo sedan to the Middle East next year. “The vehicle fits in perfectly with this particular market, because it is a sedan,” Marcus Osegowitsch, managing director of Volkswagen Group Rus, tells WardsAuto. Polo production started at the Volkswagen Group Rus plant in Kaluga in spring 2010. “Exports to the Middle East could begin in the middle of next year,” Osegowitsch says. “The exact ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.