Renault is boosting the capacity of its engine plant in Brazil 25% to 500,000 units annually between now and 2013 to meet a planned increase in vehicle production. The facility, opened in 1999 at the Ayrton Senna production site in Curitiba, will be increased in size by 53,819 sq.-ft. (5,000 sq.-m) to allow for the added production. Renault also has a car plant and a light-commercial-vehicle operation at the complex. Annual vehicle production now is more than 280,000 units, but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.