Aluminum, carbon fiber and high-strength steel alloys have dominated the automotive materials discussion in recent years, but DuPont is reintroducing the topic of plastics with a number of significant breakthroughs. A plastic side-impact door beam is the supplier’s latest showcase technology. Developed with PSA Peugeot Citroen, it is up to 60% lighter than a comparable part made from ultra-high-strength steel, depending on size and design. With a beam in every door, that adds up to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.