CHARLOTTE, NC – Aiming to capitalize on auto makers’ growing need to cut weight and improve fuel efficiency, German specialty chemicals supplier Lanxess is making a big bet in automotive. Last week, it announces the opening of its first U.S. production facility for advanced plastics and also showcases a prototype for a new tire that improves both fuel efficiency and grip. Lanxess is not a household name in the U.S., but its former parent is German chemical and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.