The end of vehicle production in Australia will lead to the loss of up to 33,000 jobs in the automotive supply chain, the Federation of Automotive Products Manufacturers estimates. FAPM CEO Richard Reilly says Toyota Australia’s decision to cease manufacturing in 2017, following Ford and GM Holden, likely will mean the complete demise of the Australian auto industry unless all industry stakeholders adopt radical new thinking. “Traditional automotive manufacturing will go ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.