Inergy's new plant springs from an agreement signed in June 2011 by Plastic Omnium to purchase a Milan, MI, fuel-tank operation owned by Ford and its Automotive Components Holdings group. Plastic Omnium, a French conglomerate that also makes fascia for vehicles, was not interested in the entire 50-year-old Milan plant because of its massive size. (See related story: Inergy Invests Heavily in New Tank Plant.)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.