TRW launches production of its electrically powered steering-column drive technology with a major Chinese auto maker and will supply three more domestic platforms in China later this year. The supplier’s two EPS components consume significant degrees of power only when steering assist is needed. The first is a column-drive unit mounted on the steering column inside the passenger compartment, and the second is belt drive that applies the assist directly to the rack with a belt-and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.