Novelis aluminum is featured in the ’12 Mercedes-Benz SL, the auto maker’s first full-production vehicle with an all-aluminum body. Novelis aluminum is used in the new-generation SL’s doors and hood as well as structural applications including the transmission tunnel made with a new, 3-piece tailored welded blank. The blank, which is fitted by friction stir welding, uses Novelis' Anticorodal-300 alloy. The new alloy, which also is used in other structural ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.