BorgWarner supplies its turbocharging technology for Hyundai’s new 1.6L gasoline direct injection (T-GDi) gasoline engine. The engine, available in the U.S. for the Veloster Turbo sport sedan, features a maximum output of 204 hp, a 46% improvement over Hyundai’s standard 1.6L GDI engine. Torque of 199 lb.-ft. (270 Nm) is produced from as low as 1,750 rpm and up to 4,500 rpm. Hyundai integrated its GDi system with BorgWarner’s K03 twin-scroll turbocharger to provide ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.