Preh develops a rear-climate-control system for the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class. The weight of the system can be reduced by more than 50% to about 7 oz. (200 g), compared with previous models. The difference largely stems from an elaborate light-guide design that allows illumination of the control panel with only 10 light-emitting diodes. The reduction in power requirements allows the omission of large, and consequently heavy, heat sinks, Preh says. Specially designed software manages ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.