When it comes to taking weight out of a vehicle no detail is too small, including the electric wiring harness that snakes it way through every car and truck and typically tips the scales at up to 50 lbs. (23 kg). Steve Merkt, president-Transportation Solutions, TE Connectivity, says auto makers increasingly are looking to aluminum, rather than copper, wiring to drive down vehicle mass to help meet looming federal fuel-economy regulations. Until now, cost has kept the auto industry from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.