It’s been a torrid 18 months for Achates Power, the upstart engine developer’s top executive says. Although the company has been around since 2004 trying to perfect its modern opposed-piston 2-stroke engine and drum up interest from potential partners around the world, it still can’t point to a production version of the concept. But it’s getting close, CEO David M. Johnson promises. “It’s almost startling how much progress we’ve made over the last ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.