TURIN – BMW will add a 1.0L 2-cyl. engine to its upcoming range of new modular diesel and gasoline-powered internal combustion engines. The German automaker is preparing to unveil new 3-cyl., 4-cyl. and 6-cyl. powerplants. The lineup is expected to range in size from 0.8L to 3.0L, with maximum power matching what is now available in bigger, heavier V-8 engines. Sources tell WardsAuto one of the earliest applications of the 2-cyl. engine under development is for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.