TURIN – A new line of 3-, 4- and 6-cyl. modular engines, in both gasoline and diesel configurations, will enter volume production next year when BMW launches a new wave of vehicles fitted with the innovative powertrains. BMW first unveiled plans for its 3-cyl. modular turbodiesel at the 2009 Frankfurt auto show when it presented its first Concept i8 Vision high-performance 4-seat sports car. At this month’s Paris auto show, the engine family’s gasoline 3-cyl. is being ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.