ROCHESTER, MI – Honda’s renewed association with Formula 1 racing is “more financially responsible” than previously, a top U.S. official tells WardsAuto. Honda pulled out of F1 in 2008 during the global economic downturn, but Honda President Takanobu Ito announced last month the auto maker would return to the series, albeit indirectly as an engine supplier to McLaren. Mike Accavitti, senior vice president-automobile operations for American Honda, says the new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.