STERLING HEIGHTS, MI – Lotus Engineering’s lightweight-vehicle concept has passed another hurdle – virtual crash-testing, with the next likely step construction of a rolling chassis, as the engineering consultant looks to prove a 38% reduction in mass is both technically and commercially feasible. Virtual testing of the body-in-white shows the design meets or exceeds federal standards in all front-, side- and rear-impact tests, plus roof-crush testing, officials tell ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.