PARIS – Peugeot will launch its new Peugeot 308 at the Frankfurt auto show in September on the new EMP2 platform that cuts its mass by 308 lbs. (140 kg). At 167 ins. (425 cm) long, the hatchback is 1 in. (2.5 cm) shorter than its predecessor. This week’s release of photos of the new 308 answers the question of what Peugeot intended to do with its naming/numbering scheme. For decades, the auto maker increased by one the last number of a new model, but did not say what it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.