CHELSEA, MI – Engine options play a key role in the growth of the Ram brand over the next few years. Chrysler is hoping to gain more heavy-duty-truck customers by adding a third engine to its lineup for the ’14 model year. The Ram 2500 and 3500 pickups now carry the 6.4L Hemi V-8 used in SRT-tuned versions of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Challenger. Whether the auto maker actually is setting the stage for an SRT-tuned Ram product remains to be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.