LOS ANGELES –Already in European Mini-brand cars, stop/start technology and diesel engines are on the auto maker’s radar for the U.S. “There will be” stop/start in U.S. Minis eventually, Vinnie Kung, Mini USA product planning manager, tells WardsAuto in an interview here. Americans’ preference for automatic transmissions is delaying the technology, he says. Stop/start technology, which shuts off the engine automatically when the vehicle stops and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.