Ford Equips ’14 Fusion With Inflatable Rear Seatbelt Ford says the rear inflatable seatbelts in the ’14 Fusion make it the only car in the midsize segment equipped with the safety feature. The shoulder belt developed for the outboard rear seats contains an airbag. During a crash, sensors determine when the belt should deploy and signal the tubular airbag to rapidly inflate with compressed gas, Ford says. Inflatable belts operate like conventional safety belts in everyday ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.