’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
Base, SE, LE, XLE, Hybrid 4-door sedan
2.4L I-4; 3.5L V-6; Hybrid 2.4L I-4/electric motor
M-5, A-5, A-6
What’s New for ’07
- The redesigned sedan rides on a 109.3-in. (1,867-mm) wheelbase that is 2.2 ins. (56 mm) longer than that of the prior model, providing more interior room, while a shorter rear overhang keeps overall length the same. Wider wheel tracks help improve handling.
- A 268-hp, 3.5L V-6 replaces the prior 3.0L and 3.3L V-6 engines as the optional powerplant to the standard 2.4L I-4 that now develops 158 hp compared with 154 hp previously.
- A new 6-speed automatic transmission is standard with the V-6, while the 4-cyl. engine is available with a standard 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic gearbox.
- The SE variant comes with body and chassis modifications, including recalibrated springs and struts, underbody braces, improved underbody aerodynamics and a body brace between the trunk and passenger compartment, aimed at improving handling characteristics. The body has also been “tuned” to increase downforce
- Standard safety features include seat-mounted front side-impact and curtain side airbags, driver’s knee airbags, antilock brakes with electronic brakeforce distribution and emergency brake assist and active front head restraints.
- Stability control is standard on the Hybrid and optional on other models.
- All models have a 60/40 split folding rear seatback, while the XLE has reclining rear seat backs.
- The Hybrid comes equipped with a specially tuned version of the 2.4L I-4 that develops 147 hp, a 105-hp electric motor, nickel-metal-hydride battery pack and continuously variable transmission.