'08 Price Range
'07 Price Range
128i and 135i Coupe
3.0L I-6; 3.0L Twin-Turbo I-6
What's New for '08
- The 3.0L I-6 engine in the 128i features variable valve timing along with aluminum/magnesium construction. The 135i features the twin-turbo 3.0L I-6 with air-to-air intercooler and piezo direct injection, producing a large amount of low-end torque. Both engines feature on-demand water pumps that reduce parasitic losses, resulting in increased fuel economy and engine power.
- Exterior design features include a long hood, short front and rear overhangs, long wheelbase, frameless glass and aggressive rear-end styling with an integrated decklid spoiler.
- Inside, a 60/40 split rear bench seat is standard while two leather trim levels are offered. Sirius satellite radio, an HD-radio premium sound system and Bluetooth cell-phone connectivity are available. An auxiliary input jack is standard, while USB ports are optional.
- True to its performance heritage, the 1-Series features a lightweight-steel 5-link, fully independent rear suspension, along with an aluminum double-piviot suspension with anti-roll bar in the front, providing improved handling.
- The dynamic stability control system can be controlled by the driver to activate at a higher threshold, enabling more spirited driving under ideal conditions.