’09 Price Range
’08 Price Range
Base, Touring 2-door hatchback
What’s New for ’09
- In the first full redesign since its’03 introduction, the revised Z-car bows only as a coupe in ’09 with a convertible variant joining the lineup later as a ’10 model.
- The coupe garners its new name from the 332-hp, 3.7L V-6 that replaces that replaces the 306-hp, 3.5L V-6 used in the prior 350Z coupe.
- Built on a 100.4-in. (2,550 mm) wheelbase compared with 104.3 ins. (2,649 mm) for its predecessor, the new model also is slightly shorter and lower, but somewhat wider.
- The base model is more than 100 lbs. (45 kg) lighter due to the use of an all-aluminum hood (the hood reinforcement was steel in the prior model) as well as aluminum door panels and rear hatch.
- IThe redesigned interior incorporates an accelerator pedal that is floor-mounted (vs. suspended) to provide better contact with the foot, less effort to operate and easier pedal-to-pedal foot/heel movement for sporting driving maneuvers. The brake pedal is a new variable-ratio design with enhanced rigidity and easier operation.
- Interior packaging is also enhanced from the previous model through the removal of the rear strut brace (replaced with less intrusive structural reinforcements), a new “shelf” area behind the seats for additional storage and a lock for the glove compartment door.