’09 Price Range
’08 Price Range
Base, Premium, Sport 2-door extended cab pickup, Base, RMZ-4, Sport 4-door crew-cab pickup
2.5L I-4; 4.0L V-6
M-5, A-4, A-5
North America Inc., Smyrna, TN
What’s New for ’09
- The Equator features unique hood, grille, front fenders, bumpers, front fascia and tailgate that distinguish it from its Frontier platform mate. Crew Cab variants are available in both short- and long-bed configurations.
- It is powered by either a 2.5L I-4, mated to a 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic, or an aluminum 4.0L V-6 with cast iron cylinder liners, Teflon-coated pistons and variable valve timing, available only with the 5-speed automatic.
- The Equator rides on a traditional, fully-boxed frame, featuring an all-steel double-wishbone setup in the front and solid rear axle with over-axle leaf springs.
- Standard safety equipment includes roof-mounted curtain side, seat-mounted side-impact and dual-stage front airbags, seatbelt pretensioners, tire-pressure monitoring system and 4-wheel antilock disc brakes.
- Other standard features include speed-sensitive power rack-and-pinion steering, flip-up rear and fold-flat front passenger seats, removable rear under-seat storage, locking dual glove box, center console with power outlet and multiple cupholders throughout the cab.
- Options for all models include sprayed-on bedliner and a tie-down system with adjustable racks, while power locks, windows and mirrors, cruise control, keyless entry and moonroof are included with available option packages.