By Michael Shields, European Auto Correspondent FRANKFURT, July 26 (Reuters) - French carmaker PSA Peugeot Citroen's weak first-half earnings and reduced 2006 outlook underscore the tough conditions that European mass carmakers continue to face, analysts said on Wednesday. "It's a wake-up call for investors again that pricing in western Europe is under pressure. You have to consider that 50 percent of the European car market is penetrated by companies that hardly make a profit," said ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PSA spotlights perfect storm for Europe carmakers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.