By Gillian Murdoch SINGAPORE, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. named the parent company of China's Geely Automobile Holdings as the preferred bidder for its Volvo car unit this week, paving the way for China's second possible acquisition of a major overseas automaker this year. [ID:nLS682068] A dozen China-centred auto deals have been proposed this year, underlining the growing international clout of the world's largest and strongest car market. [ID:nSP357901] Here are some questions ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Q&A-China car makers go west as rivals stumble" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.