By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia autos correspondent TOKYO, March 31 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama has ordered General Motors Corp and Chrysler LLC to accelerate their survival efforts and brace for possible bankruptcy, saying neither had done enough to justify the taxpayer money they were seeking. [ID:nN29520526] Here are questions and answers on how this could affect Asia's carmakers. WHAT WOULD A DETROIT CARMAKER'S BANKRUPTCY MEAN? Bankruptcy of either GM or Chrysler [CBS.UL] ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Q+A-How do Detroit carmakers' woes affect Asian carmakers?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642