* Qatar seeking 16 pct increase in merger ratio * Sovereign fund shock move comes at 11th hour * Move shows fund's evolution as investor, bankers say By Dinesh Nair DUBAI, June 27 (Reuters) - Qatar Holding's shock rebuff of Glencore's offer in its $30 billion takeover bid for miner Xstrata indicates a new, muscular stance by the sovereign fund which had long been content to be the quiet investor in its big-name portfolio. Late Tuesday, Qatar, Xstrata's second largest shareholder and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Qatar flexes muscle in shock Glencore move" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.