NEW YORK, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Quanex Corp , which produces steel for the auto industry and aluminum sheets for construction, on Thursday said quarterly profit fell sharply, hurt by one-time items. Quanex said net income for its fiscal first quarter was $3.1 million, or 8 cents per share, down from $20.7 million, or 55 cents a year ago. Excluding a $9.2 million loss and a $4.5 million cost the company said it earned 42 cents per share. (Reporting by Martinne Geller, editing by Leslie Gevirtz)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Quanex posts lower 1st-qtr profit on items" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.