DETROIT, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp suspended sales of some of its best-selling vehicles in the United States due to problems with a faulty accelerator, a damaging blow to its reputation for quality that helped it surpass General Motors [GM.UL] as the world's top automaker in 2008. Here are some comments from industry analysts on the impact of Toyota's decision to suspend sales of eight models subject to a safety recall, and halt production of the models in North America for at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"QUOTEBOX-Analysts on impact of Toyota's sales suspension" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642