By Steve Gorman LOS ANGELES, June 23 (Reuters) - Several rabbis weighed in on Wednesday against Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's idea for adding a distinguishing mark to driver's licenses that would be given to illegal immigrants, saying it harks back to Holocaust-era persecution of Jews. In an open letter to Arnold Schwarzenegger, six Los Angeles rabbis wrote that his suggestion for allowing undocumented aliens to obtain driver's permits with a special emblem denoting their immigration ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Rabbis oppose Schwarzenegger on Calif. licenses" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642