By Chris Wickham LONDON, Sept 26 (Reuters) - This time next year, British fighter pilot Andy Green will strap himself into a rocket-powered car for test runs in a bid to accelerate to 1,000 miles per hour (1,600 kilometers per hour) and smash his own land speed record. That's the plan. In the meantime, the team building the Bloodhound supersonic car faces a milestone on Oct. 3 - they will test-fire the rocket they hope will push it through the sound barrier and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Race hots up for land speed record with UK rocket test" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.